Friday, August 3, 2012

What's in the FRIIIDDDGGGEEE!?! Friday!


It's been a couple weeks since my last update, but it is Friday and I was hungry so here we go:


So you ready for this one? I had no idea it was going to be this good. And it did look way better in person.

The cast of characters;
onion
2 shiitake mushrooms
2 jalepanos
panko bread crumbs
canola oil
mozzerella cheese
raspberries
cilantro vinnigerette
butter lettuce
s & p


    I started off by caramelizing some onions in a small pan on low heat. Popped some beautiful butter lettuce on a plate.  After they were done, I put the onions aside and heated some canola oil in the same pan.  I then sliced some shiitake mushrooms longways (don't know the culinary term for that).  Lightly egg-washed the mush, coated them in panko breadcrumbs and fried them puppies up to a light brown.  Halved some jalapenos, longways again, de-seeded, egg-washed, panko-breaded, and fried em like the mushrooms. After they browned I placed the mush and penos on a paper towel to drain some of the oils. Alright all 'cooking' is done.
    Now, I cubed the mozzarella cheese and sprinkled it over the bed of lettuce. Strategically placed some raspberries on this same bed of lettuce. I then did the same with the fried mushrooms and jalapenos.  Lightly dressed the entire salad with some Trader Joe's Cilantro Dressing and some salt and pepper.  

Done.

Sweet Baby Heysus, that was a random and pretty awesome salad.

Stay tuned for next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment