Friday, August 31, 2012
Labor Day Soirée Rough Draft menu
Celebrating having days off by inviting new friends over. Tomorrow's menu is today's 'What's in the Fridge!?!'. Here's my brainstorm/rough draft (theme is the cities we saw on our westward adventure);
- Philly: roast pork broccoli rabe sandwich
- Chicago: Speakeasy Cocktail; vodka cucumber etc etc (Juliet & Romeo = gin, mint, cucumber, rose water)
- St Louis Vegetarian Sliders ( black bean & chipotle patty, apple jalapeño salsa, cranberry sour cream
- Beale Street Chicken Braid
- NoLa muffuletta
- Texas; Fries chickpeas!!!
- Santa Fe; onion rings? Like the miraculous staircase or green chiles?
- Grand canyon. Cheap booze!
- NYC - dirty water hot dogs!!!!
- Rhode island mussels:calamari?
- Massachusetts??? Sauce?
Some may not make the cut, but I will share pics tomorrow!
Have a great weekend!